Scoutmaster/ Assistant Scoutmaster Specific and IOLS Training – IN JUST ONE WEEKEND!!!
Northern Star Scouting is hosting another exciting Outdoor Leadership training session April 25-26, 2020. Our courses always fill up quickly, so please sign up early and don’t miss this excellent training opportunity. In addition to fulfilling the training requirements for Scoutmasters & Assistant Scoutmasters, this course is a fantastic introduction for parents or other adults to learn about Scouts, BSA and how Troops function in a fun, fast paced & hands-on environment!
Participants in our “Spring Training Weekend” complete the following courses
- “Scoutmaster / Asst. Scoutmaster Positions Specific Training” and
- “Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills Training”
Spend the weekend camping as members of “Troop 2020”
- Where: At Baker Park, Marshview Group Site
- When: Arrive early Saturday morning April 25 (7AM) and Leave Sunday at noon April 26
- What: All participants will review the outdoor skills required to earn First Class rank (Camping, Cooking, First Aid, and more!) while also learning leadership and practicing teamwork within their assigned patrols.
Pre-work: To be considered fully trained as a Scoutmaster Youth Protection must also be completed. Participants will be asked to complete Youth Protection prior to taking the course and will also be provided other supplemental training material to review prior to the course.
Supplies: Participants are expected to supply their own personal tents and camping items, and will be required to camp overnight as part of the training. They will also share any required patrol camping equipment. Every effort will be made to help participants connect with each other prior to the event. Food is provided for the weekend. (Please let us know if any food allergies or special accommodations are required) This is a UNIFORM event. All participants are strongly encouraged to wear the full Scout BSA uniform for the weekend. (Please contact the staff if this is a concern and we can assist.)
Cost: $40 per participant. The cost covers; materials, facility fees and meals for the weekend.
Contact: daron_me@MSN.com with any questions about this fantastic course!