What to expect at this month’s Roundtable Meeting
The monthly District Roundtable meeting provides an information and training forum for adults involved as leaders in the Scouting program. Parents and children are welcome to attend. These meetings allow attendees from all parts of the Scouting program to:
◾ Discuss topics of interest, both formally and informally
◾ Learn new skills and program topics for your unit
◾ Learn about upcoming District and Council events
◾ Meet and exchange ideas with other leaders from the District
Roundtable is open to all adults involved with the Scouting program. Registered leaders are especially encouraged to attend.
LOCATION: Minnetonka Community Center 14600 Minnetonka Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55345
Rather than completing the sign-in form when you arrive at roundtable, save the time and instead check-in now online.
Each Scout unit should send at least one representative to each roundtable meeting.
**Kids are always welcome to join their parents at Roundtable**
- Turn in your Unit Recharter Packet – Annual Unit Charter Renewal is that time every year when unit leaders review and renew their youth and adult member registrations for the coming year. Turn in your completed recharter packets to your Unit Commissioner at the November roundtable. Things To Do For Easy Recharter Renewal
- Pick up your Program Jump Start Packets – This fall handout is your one-stop shop for information regarding council-wide programming over the coming year.
- Submit Your Family FOS Dates online or come to roundtable with Your Family FOS Information. The information needed includes the following: the name of the FOS Coordinator for your unit, the email address of the FOS Coordinator, the date and time of your Family FOS presentation, and an alternative date and time for your family FOS presentation. Dates must be scheduled with the district by November 15th to qualify for free pinewood derby cars for packs or rank advancement recognition items for Troops and Crews.
- Pick up your Family Friends of Scouting Packet more
Flags and Announcements
Big Rock Topic – Den Chiefs
Den leaders need help managing their den meetings? Looking for a closer relationship between Troop and Pack. Come learn about the BSA Den Chief program: a great way for older scouts to learn leadership and mentorship skills while helping to foster stronger relationships between Packs and Troops.
Boy Scout Breakout Program – Conservation Projects and Awards
From a Scout’s first hike to the thrill of our High Adventure bases, from our backyard to the backcountry, our outdoor ethics guide us to be responsible outdoor citizens — protecting our natural world for generations to come and being considerate of other visitors. Scouting has a long, proud tradition of conservation service to the nation. How do we maintain our outdoor ethics and preserve that tradition?
Join us at Roundtable to discuss Leave No Trace, the Outdoor Ethics Guide leadership position, how conservation can help engage older Scouts and more – including how an Eagle Scout project may also earn a Hornaday award!
*** Please consider joining the district for the 2018 Fall Service Project – Community Clean-Ups for Water Quality ***Fall Service Project
Cub Scout Breakout Program – Philmont for Cub Scout Leaders
Wondering what this Philmont thing is everyone is talking about? Think Philmont training is just for Boy Scout Leaders? Come join the discussion as local Cub Scout leader and new Philmont Ambassador “Moose” Stolarzyk, who attended Philmont Training Center this past summer, along with Pack 429 Committee Chair Tom Hayes and District Membership Chair Vicki Jurek, as they share their experiences and what Philmont has to offer you. Rumor has it that some Scouts will even be presenting and answering questions!
7:00 – 8:30 – OA Chapter Meeting During Roundtable
Meetings of the Lake Minnetonka Chapter of the Totanhan Nakaha Lodge, Order of the Arrow, are held in conjunction with the district roundtables on the first Thursday of each month.
Commissioners Meeting is for the Commissioners AND District Members.
The main topics on the agenda for our meeting will include the following.
- All Commissioners must be in attendance to check returning recharter packets for their units.
- Information on STEM that can be passed on to units will be presented by Scott Vondracek.
- UC subarea breakout session on unit cooperation in recruiting and other activities.