There are three Silver-level awards for Scout volunteers: the Silver Beaver for council-level service, the Silver Antelope for regional service and the Silver Buffalo for national service.
The Silver Beaver is presented by councils, usually at an annual banquet. The Silver Antelope and Silver Buffalo awards are presented at the BSA’s annual meeting, which this year is being held in Dallas.
On Wednesday, I shared the list of 2018 Silver Buffalo Award recipients. Today, it’s time to name the 2018 Silver Antelope Award recipients. There are 32 recipients in all — eight from each of the BSA’s four regions: Central, Northeast, Southern and Western.
Last year, I shared a list of every Silver Antelope Award recipient from 2010 through 2017, but from this year on, the Silver Antelopes will get their own annual post.
The Silver Antelope Award was created in 1942, and today these Scouters join the impressive club. They’ll receive an orange-and-white knot to wear on their uniforms, an orange-and-white ribbon medal, a lapel pin and, naturally, a certificate.
- Ronald Blaisdell, Michigan Crossroads Council, Livonia Mich.
- Julie Dalton, Quivira Council, Wichita, Kan.
- Darryl Dillenback, Buckeye Council, North Canton, Ohio
- David Ehrlich, Michigan Crossroads Council, Farmington Hills, Mich.
- Daniel Gille, Three Harbors Council, Brookfield, Wis.
- Jeffrey Hahn, Bay-Lakes Council, Appleton, Wis.
- Al Kent, Greater St. Louis Area Council, Chesterfield, Mo.
- Robert “Bob” Palmer, Crossroads of America Council, Indianapolis
- Robert Black Jr., Baden-Powell Council, Vestal, N.Y.
- Salvatore Ciampo, Theodore Roosevelt Council, Bethpage, N.Y.
- Russell DeVore, Columbia-Montour Council, Bloomsburg, Pa.
- Julia Farr, National Capital Area Council, Fairfax, Va.
- William Pfundt, Washington Crossing Council, Newtown, Pa.
- Sven Rundman III, National Capital Area Council, Fredricksburg, Va.
- William “Trey” Shupert, Baltimore Area Council, Monkton, Md.
- Barry Williams, Baltimore Area Council, Randallstown, Md.
- Dorothy Brown, Greater Tampa Bay Council, Tampa, Fla.
- Donna Copeland, Cherokee Area Council, Bartlesville, Okla.
- Robbie Hill Jr., Blue Ridge Council, Laurens, S.C.
- Stanley Hoff, South Florida Council, Weston, Fla.
- Michael Sexton, Stonewall Jackson Council, Lexington, Va.
- Angela Smith, Longhorn Council, Decatur, Texas
- Robert Terry, Central Florida Council, Lake Mary, Fla.
- Andrew Uhrich, Coastal Carolina Council, Moncks Corner, S.C.
- Francis Bouchard, Catalina Council, Tucson, Ariz.
- Janet Griffin, Great Salt Lake Council, Herriman, Utah
- James Kunz, Great Southwest Council, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Rebecca Mesker, Golden Empire Council, Sacramento, Calif.
- Barry Rettowski, Inland Northwest Council, Spokane Valley, Wash.
- Judd Stiff, Pacific Skyline Council, Los Altos, Calif.
- Lester “Rick” TerBorch, Los Padres, Arroyo Grande, Calif.
- Lisa Wylie, Chief Seattle Council, Redmond, Wash.
Post expires on Wednesday June 27th, 2018