What to expect at this month’s Roundtable Meeting
The monthly District Roundtable meeting provides an information and training forum for adults involved as leaders in the Scouting program. Parents and children are welcome to attend. These meetings allow attendees from all parts of the Scouting program to:
◾ Discuss topics of interest, both formally and informally
◾ Learn new skills and program topics for your unit
◾ Learn about upcoming District and Council events
◾ Meet and exchange ideas with other leaders from the District
Roundtable is open to all adults involved with the Scouting program. Registered leaders are especially encouraged to attend.
LOCATION: Minnetonka Community Center 14600 Minnetonka Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55345
Rather than completing the sign-in form when you arrive at roundtable, save the time and instead check-in now online.
Each Scout unit should send at least one representative to each Roundtable meeting.
Facebook Live has been discontinued. We encourage you to attend roundtable in person.
Scouting For Food – April 14-27, 2019. Pick up your Scouting for Food bags at April Roundtable. The number of door hangers is limited and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. Use this link DOOR HANGER to see what the door hanger looks like! Details
6:30PM Check-In at Registration Table – Social Time
7:00PM Flags and Announcements
- Opening Flags
- Star Spangled Banner (Scout Band)
- Scout Fest and District Pinewood Derby Recap
- Upcoming Spring Camporee
- OA Elections Status
- Unit Leader Nominations
- District Dinner
- St Paul Saints – Scouts Days (Representatives from the Saints will be here)
- Please fill out a survey and return in box out front.
7:15 PM Shared Thoughts
- Girls in Scouting Comments by DAVE RYAN (KDWB) Boy Scouts Is Now Just Scouts . . . My Thoughts
7:30PM to Close – Unit Commissioner Visits as Needed
7:30PM Scout BSA Breakout Program
Forming a Scout BSA Girl Unit (Kent York and Leeland Johnson)
- Current issues
- Whom to seek for advice
- Unit Commissioner
- District Professional
- Detailed Handout
BSA Scouts Girl Troops
- Testimonials from girl members
- How the Troop was formed
- Integration with the Boy Troops
7:35PM Cub Scout Breakout Program – Cub Scout Summer Camping
Representatives of the Cub Scout Camping programs are coming TO US.
- Meet some of the camp staff
- Ask questions about what cubs can do
- Ask about what to do with siblings
- Ask what the kids will be able to get completed for ranks
- See what kind of food the kids and you will get to eat
- Learn about and try your hand at camp games
COME HAVE SOME FUN – AND REMEMBER – KIDS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AT ROUNDTABLE!!
7:00 – 8:30 – OA CHAPTER MEETING DURING ROUNDTABLE
Meetings of the Lake Minnetonka Chapter of the Totanhan Nakaha Lodge, Order of the Arrow, are held in conjunction with the district roundtables on the first Thursday of each month.
6:00 – 6:50 – COMMISSIONERS MEETING
Commissioners Meeting is for the Commissioners AND District Members.
The main topics on the agenda for our meeting will include the following.
- Commissioner / A Mentor
- Open Units who need a Commissioner
- Logging Unit Visits / Goal of 100% / Discussion
- Review and Reflect Game (30 Minutes)
- Nomination Forms for Unit Leaders / Parents / Acknowledgement / Follow Up
- Unit Leaders / Communication Issues