CALLING ALL SCOUTS BSA, VENTURING AND SEA SCOUT YOUTH AND ADULTS
In addition to some of the traditional position oriented training options, be sure to check out some of our NEW offerings for Spring 2022:
- College of Youth Leadership and our Quest for Youth Leadership program.
- look for programs for you such as: Goals & Planning, Preparing the Senior Patrol Leader to run a PLC, Compass & Orienteering, Delivering Introduction to Leadership Skills
- Merit Badge Classes including the new Citizenship in Society Merit Badge for youth wishing to take the class and adults who want to learn more about it and become a Counselor through our “train-the-trainer” session.
- College of Sea Scouting: Led by our new Youth Dean!
- Adult Leader Networking: Dedicated networking time can be selected if you’d like to meet other leaders instead of filling your day with classes.
- Service Project: Onsite projects offered for Adults & Youth to select and participate in
- Trainer’s EDGE Sessions for those staffing Grey Wolf NYLT or Wood Badge, taught by Youth Instructors.
ONE OF THE LARGEST TRAINING EVENTS ANYWHERE
The University of Scouting is a fun-filled, hands-on opportunity to network and learn with over 500 Scouters. This one-day supplemental training event was created for all Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scout leaders, plus Scouts BSA, Venturing, or Sea Scout youth regardless of experience. The University of Scouting takes place on a Saturday in April and October. Be the best leader you can be – attend the next University of Scouting!
FIVE COLLEGES PROVIDE COURSE OFFERINGS
Choose from over 100 courses with an emphasis on programs, skills, and resources to deliver high quality opportunities to the Scouting youth. New leader and position specific training is offered, making this a great way to get all your leaders trained. A vendor midway offers lots of exciting program resources, materials, and ideas for you to browse. The Scout Shop will also have a store open at the event.
- Three colleges are devoted to the major Scouting programs – Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, and Venturing.
- The General College offers classes of interest to Scouters across all programs.
- The Youth Leadership College (YLC) offers classes for youth who are interested in expanding their leadership skills.
QUESTIONS AND IDEAS
Questions about the University of Scouting, have ideas for classes, or interested in teaching? Use the contact information below!
Registration and More Information
FOR LAST-MINUTE REGISTRATIONS AFTER 6PM FRIDAY APRIL 8TH, YOU ARE WARMLY WELCOME TO REGISTER AT ST. PAUL COLLEGE AS A WALK-IN PARTICIPANT FROM 7:30 AM ON SATURDAY APRIL 9TH.
|WHERE:||St Paul College, St Paul, MN.|
PARKING IS FREE for this event!NOTE: Street parking is only for permit holders. If you park on the street you will get a parking ticket for at least $51.00.
|WHEN:||Saturday, April 09, 2022|
|HOW:||How do I get more info and register? See Attachments box at right: ========================================>|
|NEW CONTENT||College of Scouts BSA|
College of Youth Leadership
College of Venturing
Joint with the College of Sea Scouting
College of Sea Scouting
College of General Scouting
Additionally we are offering HALF-DAY EDGE Training for those who are staffing Grey Wolf or Wood Badge and a FULL-DAY EDGE option for others who are interested.
Networking Opportunities are also offered fto encourage connections and informal learning.
Remember, Adults may take courses from any college except the Youth Leadership College regardless of how are you are registered with the BSA. Don’t forget to look for classes in the other colleges! Youth may take classes in the Youth Leadership College or Venturing/Sea Scouting Colleges only.
Please register for classes early as some fill up quickly.