We had a great group of leaders and Scouts attend Roundtable last week. Not only did they get some fantastic ice cream, we had a great discussion about Fall Recruitment, School Night for Scouting (Sept 19), and Popcorn Sales.
Thanks to everyone who came out and shared your ideas, your questions, and your enthusiasm for Scouting!
Check out the Video below for a 10 min summary of Roundtable:
Key Takeaways from Roundtable:
- Fall recruitment season is here – and it is more than just School Night for Scouting!
- Your pack can recruit at community events, school Open Houses, and other similar opportunities. Resources are available to help you recruit – flyers, postcards, “bling.”
- Youth applications can (and should!) be submitted as you receive them – don’t hoard them.
- Don’t be afraid to “close the sale” – get signed/paid for applications that night if at all possible. “Sales” not made then have a great probability of never happening!
- Make sure to give any new youth the new glow-in-the-dark T-Shirt as soon as they sign up for Scouts
School Night for Scouting (SNFS) – Sept 19
- SNFS can be looked at as the “mopping up” operation following recruitment at these other events.
- Public school reservations have already been made for your pack. You will receive confirmation of location early in September. A designee from your pack should stop by the school to confirm your plans for SNFS.
- PeachJar, e-flyers, and mailed flyers are being prepared on behalf of your pack and will be submitted by the Council. Flyers for distribution at the school office will be delivered by the Council to those schools that will accept them.
- Do your best to place yard signs at your school – but be sure to ask for permission.
- Packs will have a supply of T-shirts available ahead of time for your Open House or other events, in addition to having the t-shirts at SNFS
- The Turn-In Center will be open from 7-9 pm that night. Bring all signed/paid for applications. Every pack that turns in applications at the Turn-In Center will receive 10 Crayola Experience Tickets that night!
- T-shirts and camp vouchers will also be available for youth who register after SNFS.
- Council Kickoff for ALL Scouts at Base Camp on Sat. Sept. 14 from 9am to 3pm
- Popcorn sale starts Friday, Sept 20th
- Two NEW updates to the Popcorn Sales
- FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ONLINE ORDERS!
- TRAIL’S END APP – The app for Scouts to track and report real-time storefront, wagon and online sales, accept cash and credit cards, track inventory by Scout and storefront, and schedule Scouts for storefronts. Every Scout, every sale in the app will receive free payment processing (must use the app, not your unit Square account)