The Camporee Page is Live!
Check out the Fall Camporee Page for information on all the activities, program, and other key information for the Camporee.
Friday through Sunday, October 11-13, 2019
Sibley County Fairgrounds, 801 W Chandler St, Arlington, MN 55307.
Neil Armstrong was an astronaut and aeronautical engineer who was the first person to walk on the Moon. He was also a naval aviator, test pilot, and university professor. But first, he was a Scout.
Neil Armstrong didn’t stop at the 21 merit badges required for Eagle – he finished with 26—including the Scholarship, Aviation, Pathfinding, and Pioneering Merit Badges. Unfortunately for Neil though, the Space Exploration merit badge wasn’t created until 1965—the year he turned 35.
Join us for a Great Camporee with a focus on exploring aerospace and outer space! There will be competitions, merit badges and more! Plus, we’ll have a dessert cook-off featuring astronaut’s favorite flavoring… TANG!! More details will be coming soon.
Thank you for your efforts to date and your commitment to putting on a great event for the youth in our district!
Price per Person – $15 (One price – all day Saturday or stay the weekend).
Check-in starts at 6:00PM Friday and the event runs through 9:00AM Sunday morning. All Scouts and their guests are invited.
REGISTER TODAY! Camporee Registeration
- Orienteering (including night orienteering)
- Build & Launch Contest – rockets will be provided for all Youth to build and compete on-site within the specified time period; competition is based on greatest flight time
- Launch your Custom Rocket – Patrols or Units who will to compete in the Custom Rock Launch will be able to build and enter a custom rocket (C or smaller motor). Rockets should be prepared prior to the Camporee. Participants should bring their own rocket launch pad/system. Rockets will be judged on overall appearance, rocket design/complexity, flight time, as well as overall Scout presentation. Details will be published in the Camporee information packet
- Styrofoam Glider – each unit will be provided one Styrofoam glider to complete; competition is based on greatest flight time
- Paper Airplane Contest
- Merit Badges (all are partial)
- Scout Skills – work on the Scout skills needed to advance to 1st Class!
- Tang Dessert Competition
- Camporee Patch and more!
Many thanks to our host units Troops 3337, 3424, 5424, 5569 and the District Activities Staff for planning this event.