We will help clean up the Veteran’s Cemetery by removing old Christmas wreathes etc., and piling them along the roads for pickup. Helping to care for this very important place, which belongs to all of us and all our community, is one of the most satisfying projects we have ever been part of!
Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturers, family or community members, & anyone else wishing to help are welcome. Any OA youth or adult members willing to help as staff (free patch!) should arrive at 8:15 for instructions.
- Adults please bring wire cutters. Sleds can be useful to pull piles of wreaths.
- We also need many adult drivers with open pickup trucks, trailers, etc. to work with teams of older Scouts to pick up and dump the piled materials.
- Hot drinks will be available in the trailer, but please bring your own cups!
- This is an all-outdoor event! Dress for the expected weather!
- Meet at the “Activity Center” (a brown trailer) at the corner of LaBelle & Nelson Drives
There will be no advance registration. At check-in, we will ask for a list of participants from each unit.Information Flyer
Anyone paying an optional fee of $1.00 per person will receive a patch for the activity!