Dear District M scouters.
We are excited to advise that you have an opportunity to nominate a scouter in your unit for the District Award of Merit award. These awards will be presented at the Council Dinner in March. Please complete the attached link (can we copy here what was included on website last year for District nominations? Nominations need to be submitted by January 3rd, 2022 for consideration. Please don’t miss this opportunity to recognize a deserving leader for this very prestigious award.
Donna Larson, Assistant District Commissioner Recognition
Northern Star Scouting presents the District Award of Merit to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level, or at the council level (while serving on a council committee). The award is made available annually on the basis of 1 for each 25 traditional units or fraction thereof in each district. Districts will be provided two District Awards of Merit to present each year, with the remainder of the annual allotment to be awarded to council committee volunteers. Recognitions for those serving at the council committee-level will be based on service that shifted from the district area of responsibility under the Units First initiative. See the procedures section below, for details on how to submit a nomination.
Our program continues to remain strong through the hard work of volunteers at all levels of the organization. We hope that you will consider nominating a fellow Scouter for the District Award of Merit in 2021.
- A nominee must be a registered Scouter.
- A nominee must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both. Note: The nature and value of “noteworthy service to youth” may consist of a single plan or decisions that contributed vitally to the lives of large numbers of youth or it may have been given to a small group over an extended period of time.
- Consideration must be given to the nominee’s Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position.
- The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the district and/or council is to be taken into consideration.
- Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.