Lake Minnetonka - Annual Recognition Dinner 2016
Thursday, May 5, 2016 at the Wayzata Country Club, Wayzata.
Our Volunteers are Golden at our District! ARHH!
The Lake Minnetonka District held their 2016 District Dinner and Recognition event on Thursday, May 5, 2016, at Wayzata Country Club. The weather was beautiful with a golden sunset lending to the theme of the evening and our glowing volunteers! Thanks to all of you that attended. It was a special evening of food, fun, friendship and fellowship as we celebrated our theme Gold Rush (aaarrrrr!) and recognized the District attaining 2015 JTE Gold status; all while honoring our successful units, leaders and youth in the program over the past year. We also closed out the 100th anniversary of the Order of the Arrow by recognizing our Centuries of Service recipients and Centurion Award winners.
In addition to recognizing our Journey to Excellence units in the Bronze, Silver and Gold categories (90% of our units) and our JTE Gold-level District, we noted the 92 young men in the District that earned their Eagle Scout rank in 2015 and two of our three Eagle scholarship winners were introduced. We recognized all 44 nominees who were nominated for awards at the unit or District level. We introduced our 3 Gold Nuggets, our outstanding Scouters in the Cub Scout, Boy Scout and District ranks, and we honored our District Award of Merit recipients Peter Keppel, David Olson and Dave DeJonge.
Recognition was also given to Troop 345 and their recent Eagle Scout Court of Honor recognizing 17 Scouts who recently achieved the rank, and our 2016 Lake Minnetonka District Silver Beaver Daron Meyer, who received his award at the Council Recognition Dinner in March.
Special thanks to our District Committee and Commissioner staff, especially outgoing Chair Daron Meyer, Commissioner Greg Linden, Vice-Chair Scott Janke and our District Executive Ben Coder for their leadership over the past year. We also welcome incoming Chair Nick Pedersen and look forward to his leadership and working with him going forward.
Congratulations to all our volunteers and youth in the District for another successful Scouting year. We celebrate with you and look forward to working with you all in the future to help achieve your goals. If you did not nominate or attend this year's event, please consider attending next year and recognizing your outstanding volunteers.
Let us know what you thought of the evening by using the CONTACT US botton below!
Units that Qualified for Journey to Excellence in 2015
Award Recipients 2015-2016
District Award of Merit
- District Award of Merit Requirements
- Previous District Award of Merit Recipients
Outstanding Scouter Awards
- Outstanding Charter Partner - Minnetonka Lutheran
- Outstanding Commissioner - Becky Lyman
- Outstanding Commissioner - Don Mack
- Outstanding Cub Leader - Dana Geller
- Outstanding Cub Leader - Sally Jensen
- Outstanding Cub Leader - Nira Rajan
- Outstanding Cub Leader -Rachel Thiemann
- Outstanding Cub Leader - Kyle Thompson
- Outstanding Cubmaster - Shawn Lindblad
- Outstanding Cubmaster - Moose Stolarzyk
- Outstanding Scout Leader - K.D. Bohara
- Outstanding Scout Leader - Richelle Erickson
- Outstanding Scout Leader -Sharon Grandy
- Outstanding Asst Scoutmaster -Michael VanNurden
- Outstanding Scoutmaster - Rob Houts
- Outstanding Venture Leader - Kathy Longar
- Outstanding Scout Family - The Ogilvie Family
Outstanding Scout Family - Scott and Hillary Patz Family
Previous Annual Recognition Dinners
Awards and Photographs
Award Recipients 2015-2016 - Continued
2016 Silver Beaver Award Recipient
Golden Nugget (spark plug award)
Commissioner Service Awards
- Commissioner Award of Excellence in Unit Service - Allan Arntson
- Commissioner Award of Excellence in Unit Service - Don Mack
Special District Recognition
- Outstanding Youth Volunteers - Thomas and Michael Henry
- Outstanding Youth Volunteers - Greg Proulx and Harry Fuchs
Outstanding Contribution Awards