This fall’s popcorn sale looks to be the best ever from Trail’s End and Northern Star Council. Last year’s success was phenomenal; Scouts earned over 1.2 MILLION dollars for camping experiences and unit activities. Be “Prepared. For Crunchtime” this fall by having your unit participate in the sale. Our popcorn experts would be happy to meet with your unit to determine your needs.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ONLINE ORDERS!
2018 Proven Results: Nationally,onlinecontinues to grow at 28%.
BENEFITS FOR UNITS
- No risk of excess inventory.
- No handling product.
- No cash collection.
- No extra work!
BENEFITS FOR SCOUTS
- Higher sales - average online sale $73 vs $22 face-to-face.
- More product variety.
- Sales count toward Trail’s End Rewards and Scholarship.
- Access to special TE online promotions and rewards.
TRAIL’S END APP
SAVE TIME MANAGING YOUR SALE!
The app for Scouts to track and report real-time storefront, wagon and online sales, accept cash and credit cards, track inventory by Scout and storefront, and schedule Scouts for storefronts.
FREE CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
Powered by Square | Paid by Trail’s End
- Every Scout, every sale will receive free payment processing.
- Square is the leading credit card solution for units.
- Compatible with all Square Readers (not required to take credit cards).
Over 2,300 Scouts tested the app. It led to more sales!
- In 2018, over 190 units sold almost $2 million testing the app.
- Sales grew 26%.
- Credit card orders averaged 20% higher vs. cash.
Why Sell Popcorn?
- Increase your unit and council income – 70% stays local
- Pay for your entire Scouting program.
- Scouts learn life lessons by “earning their own way.”
- The prize program motivates Scouts.
- Cool new incentives for Scouts who sell
- For additional revenue, sell online to friends and family out of town.
2019 Popcorn Calendar
July 27—Aug. 31 Attend Popcorn Training
Aug. 1-31 Set Unit & Scout Goals. Set Popcorn Kickoff Date for Sept.
Aug. 1-31 Set up Store Front Sale Locations and Blitz Days
Fri. Aug 23 Home Delivery Info and Banner Orders due 12:00 p.m.
Thurs. Aug 28 Show & Deliver Order Due at Trails-End.com 11:59 p.m.
Sept. 10-14 District Show and Deliver Pick Up Varies by District
Sept. 12-18 Home Deliveries Dropped off Varies
Sat. Sept. 14 Council Kickoff for ALL Scouts at Base Camp 9am-3pm
During the Sale
Fri. Sept 20 SALE STARTS! 5:00pm
Sun. Oct 6/Mon. Oct. 7 Early Returns 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Sun. Oct 27 SALE ENDS! 11:59 p.m.
After Sale Wrap Up
Sun. Nov. 3/Mon. Nov. 4 Return Excess S&D in Metro (4 p.m.-7 p.m.)
Mon. Nov. 4 Take Orders Due MIDNIGHT
Nov. 13-16 Take Order Distribution Varies by District
Nov. 13-16 Take Order Home Deliveries Dropped Off Varies by District
Tues. Nov. 19 Prize Order Due for Dec. Delivery 5:00 p.m.
Dec. 14 Payments Due Fri. Dec. 13