Help us get Tomahawk Scout Reservation ready for summer camp! Food, lodging, fellowship and a special recognition are provided. Both skilled and general labor is needed and is open to adults and youth.
It isn’t all work, at the Work Weekend! At the end of the day we will open up select program areas based upon attendance. Mountain Biking, Mega Tower and Disc Golf are some examples.Registration
This is a FREE event! The cost is your help in setting up Tomahawk!
Do we need to bring food?
There will be food provided for breakfast and lunch on Saturday.
Where do we eat?
The White Pine Program building.
Where can we sleep?
There are bunks available in the White Pine, and you can also choose to camp out at your summer campsite! There will also be Family Island cabins to rent for Alumni for 50 bucks for the whole weekend!
When can I arrive/leave?
Arrive friday night and pitch a tent or stay in the bunk room, or you can arrive Saturday morning. Feel free to come upf or the night or stay the weekend.
When does the work start?
Work starts at 9 am and ends before supper.
Projects for the Weekend
Canvas Set Up
- Set up Navajo Tents
- Inspect Canvas
- Set up Staff Tenting
- Put up Baker’s Tents Carpentry Projects
- Assemble floating dock sections
- Prep Gateway project
- Sioux Campfire Ring
- Cowboy Action PavilionSign Painting
- Clear branches/limbs
- Cut back brush in campsites and roads
- Clean out bear boxes and latrinesDinning Hall
- Clean surfaces and window sills/screens/windows
- Set up tables
- Set up the White Pine Dining Shelter
- Sand and varnish Dining Shelter TablesOther
- Assemble logs for Tomahawk Ranges
- Clean around the outside of buildings
- Stack firewood at campfire rings