The idea of “Scout Scarf Day” on August 1 is that all active and former scouts are requested to wear their scout scarfs in public to make the “Spirit of Scouting” visible: Once a Scout – Always a Scout!
The date of the event commemorates the very first Scout Camp on Brownsea Island in 1907.
Of course, the scarf is only a symbol but a strong symbol for the scout promise and for our mission to leave the world as a bit better a place than we had found it.
Come Join Us at Roundtable for Ice Cream and be sure to wear your you Scout Neckerchief!
Find out more information online at: https://www.scoutscarfday.com/
- How can I register for Scout Scarf Day?
– There is no registration, the only thing we will waiting for, is your picture wearing Scout Scarf with few words to the world.
- Where can I buy the event Scarf?
– You need your own Scout Scarf, we don’t sell them.
- I don’t have any Scout Scarf, can I still somehow take part in the event?
– Of course, you can. Use our Twibbon or Facebook frame that you can add to your profile picture
- Why countdown on social media will be over at 31 July instead August 1?
– We are aware of the timezones, there are countries where August 1st will be few hours before other countries. And we remember it works both sides.
- Are there any badges associated with the Scout Scarf Day?
– You can find them in “Badges” tab on this page.
- If there will be any event album?
– We want to encourage scouts to post their pictures on event wall: www.facebook.com/pg/Scout.Scarf.Day/events/