NEW PARENT? NEW LEADERS? OR EXPERIENCED LEADERS WILLING TO SHARE BEST PRACTICES?
Check out this great information series for Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA that applies to any parent or leader.
Join us for another informative Session at the November 7th, 2019 Roundtable at the Minnetonka Community Center with a Social at 6:30pm and the Program starting at 7:00pm.
Unit Recharter Packets and Family Friends of Scouting Packets will be distributed at the November Roundtable. At least one (1) person from each unit should attend to pick up these important materials.
Cub Scout Breakout: Two Great Topics to cover for anyone involved in Cub Scouting!
- Scoutbook — how to setup and use Scoutbook to run your Den and/or your Pack
- Looking for a fun, easy indoor activity for your Cubs? Learn how make Paracord Bracelets! Fun for the kids AND they make a great gift or can be used as a survival tool. Unraveled, it provides about 10 feet of handy paracord for fixing tent lines or tying together broken gear. You can even use the line inside the cord for fishing line.
Scouts BSA – How to Session Series — whether you’re a new leader, or in a new role, we’ve got some great training for you!
- Learn how to Teach Knots! Learn from our expert, Barth Redding, how you can teach Scouts the knots needed to advance to 1st Class, and more!
- Being an Eagle Advisor –– What does it mean to be an Eagle Advisor to a Youth in your Troop? What are the key steps and how do you help your Scout work on his/her Eagle?
- Chaplain Training –– Are you working with the Chaplain’s Aid in your Troop? Or serving as a Chaplain? Get the training you need from Dave Jones.
As always, Scouts and youth are Welcome to join this Event.
6:30 pm – 7:00 pm Check-in at Registration Table, Social Time
Friends of Scouting (FOS) Packets will be Distributed to Packs and Troops
7:00 pm – 7:05 pm Flag Opening (Guests)
7:05 pm – 7:25 pm Announcements
- Webelos Woods Stearns Scout Camp November 1st-3rd
- District Executive Announcements
7:25 pm – 7:30 pm Transition to Breakouts
7:40 pm – 8:15pm Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA Breakouts
Unit Commissioner Visits as needed
8:15pm – 8:30 pm Closing – Circle – Up & Scout Vespers
COME HAVE SOME FUN – AND REMEMBER – KIDS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AT ROUNDTABLE!!
What to expect at this month’s Roundtable Meeting
The monthly District Roundtable meeting provides an information and training forum for adults involved as leaders in the Scouting program. Parents and children are welcome to attend. These meetings allow attendees from all parts of the Scouting program to:
◾ Discuss topics of interest, both formally and informally
◾ Learn new skills and program topics for your unit
◾ Learn about upcoming District and Council events
◾ Meet and exchange ideas with other leaders from the District
Roundtable is open to all adults involved with the Scouting program. Registered leaders are especially encouraged to attend.
LOCATION: Minnetonka Community Center 14600 Minnetonka Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55345