TRAINING AND RECRUITING NEW MEMBERS
In 2017, over 3,500 boys became new Cub Scouts on the statewide sign up day we know as School Night for Scouting! 2018 School Night for Scouting will again be the ONE NIGHT throughout our entire state and parts of Wisconsin and South Dakota where we will be recruiting Cub Scouts at every local elementary school.
PLAN TO ATTEND SCHOOL NIGHT FOR SCOUTING TRAINING AT THE APRIL 21 UNIVERSITY OF SCOUTING
This class is for ALL leaders: Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venturing. This course will be offered in 50 minute sessions.
Topics will be: There will be some significant changes in the 2018, designed to better support all of our units recruitment efforts this year. It will also include info on how to conduct a FAST registration process for incoming parents, the agenda and tips for the follow up New Parent Meeting, the marketing and support provided by Northern Star Council, best methods for unit leaders in advertising School Night for Scouting in their area, several ways to recruit adults to the ranks of your unit leadership, and especially exciting is how our on-line registration system and Face Book advertising will be able to recruit more families to Scouting.
This is also a great time to bring any ideas and questions you may have, or share your tips of success with others!
Maximum number of participants per class: 30
OUR GOAL IS TO PROVIDE SCOUTING TO MORE YOUTH IN 2018!
- School Night for Scouting will still be a major component of recruitment in 2018, but additional efforts and materials will be available throughout the year.
- This year the goal of the campaign to attract and keep families in Cub Scouts is: make your pack more VISIBLE, INVITING and FUN! This training is designed to help you accomplish these goals.
- ALL units are expected to conduct a recruitment event in 2018, packs, troops, crews, ships and posts!
- The date is Thursday, September 20, 2018. This will allow us an additional week after Labor Day to get fliers out through schools, and even conduct school visits where possible.
- The time has been moved up to be from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. This has come from feedback from new parents who find it easier to make a quick stop in to the local elementary school on the way home from work to sign their son up for Cub Scouting.
- There will again be recruiting incentives for new youth who join and for Scouts who recruit someone.
- Pack who reach their recruitment goal by recruiting new youth during 2018 will also receive a recognition for their pack, much like the Crayola Experience in 2017.
Post expires on Saturday April 21st, 2018