Twenty-Two (22) units have completed their presentations and have currently raised $18,914 or 16% to our district goal. We have seven (7) units this month that will give their FOS presentations! Let’s raise that thermometer to $40,000 by the end of February!
Congratulations to the following units on a great start to the 2019 FFOS Campaign.
Can You Raise The Thermometer Higher!
Here are five (5) things to do for a successful campaign.
It’s important for units to turn your FOS Packet within 1 week of your presentation. This will give us an accurate way of tracking our results as a district!
- Submit your FOS Presentation Dates – We are still looking for dates from a few of our units. Please provide the information using the Fast Submission Form.
- Double-Check your presentation date by paging down. A warm-up letter will be sent to all parents of registered youth and to any previous donor two weeks prior to the schedule FOS presentation date from the council office.
- If you are presenting – check out this great training on videos from Stevie Ray below.
- Turn in your FOS Packet within 1 week of your presentation. Check for Matching Gifts as a FREE way to help meet your FOS goal.
- Follow-up with unit parents and friends 2-4 weeks after the presentation. Check out our Phone Follow-up Tip Sheet and a Follow Up Letter example for ideas.
VIDEO: USE DURING PRESENTATION
VIDEO: PRESENTER TRAINING VIDEO
Make Your Unit Goal by May 15, 2019!
Remember, if your unit achieves its FOS goal by May 15th, Packs will receive free Pinewood Derby cars (based on membership at the end of May) and Troops will receive free cloth rank advancement and merit badges for the next year!
to us. Be sure to check out the Lake Minnetonka District Friends of Scouting webpage for more information, tips and tools for your FOS campaign.
Yours in Scouting,
Family Friends of Scouting Co-Chairman