Pack Family FOS Presentations
Scouting’s anniversary was Friday, which means a majority of our Blue and Gold Banquets are this week! We coach our packs to schedule their presentations at their Blue and Gold because it is the meeting with the most parents and families present. Be Prepared so you don’t miss this prime opportunity!
Remember, it’s never too late to get on a Blue and Gold’s agenda
Make sure you’re prepared
- Double and triple check presentation dates with presenters and pack leaders
- Focus on packs to schedule your missing presentation dates
- Get outstanding envelopes into the office before the influx of pack envelopes this week!
What’s in it for Me?
Buck Rogers the marketing guru of IBM, said: “At IBM, we don’t sell products – we sell solutions.” Few people donate to a project if it does not tie back to their passions or wants. Give your prospects WITFM – What’s in it for me. You can secure most any gift you seek, if you help a prospect tie their gift to their needs and passions.
Here are five (5) things to do for a successful campaign.
- Submit your FOS Presentation Dates – We are still looking for dates from a few of our units. Please provide the information using the Fast Submission Form.
- Double-Check your presentation date by paging down. A warm-up letter will be sent to all parents of registered youth and to any previous donor two weeks prior to the schedule FOS presentation date from the council office.
- If you are presenting – check out this great training on videos from Stevie Ray below.
- Turn in your FOS Packet within 1 week of your presentation. Check for Matching Gifts as a FREE way to help meet your FOS goal.
- Follow-up with unit parents and friends 2-4 weeks after the presentation. Check out our Phone Follow-up Tip Sheet and a Follow Up Letter example for ideas.
Make Your Unit Goal by May 15, 2019!
Remember, if your unit achieves its FOS goal by May 15th, Packs will receive free Pinewood Derby cars (based on membership at the end of May) and Troops will receive free cloth rank advancement and merit badges for the next year!
Be sure to check out the Lake Minnetonka District Friends of Scouting webpage for more information, tips and tools for your FOS campaign.
Yours in Scouting,
Family Friends of Scouting Co-Chairman