Thank you to all of the great unit leaders, Scouts, parents, and other friends and families who made this a fantastic recruitment year! While we were just shy of our total growth numbers (within 60 of our goal), we made a substantial increase in the number of new Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts recruited this year. Your efforts MORE THAN DOUBLED the number of brand-new youth recruited this year, compared to last year.
Give yourself a round of applause, a pat on the back, and a Lake Minnetonka official cheer of WHOO HOO! Thank you for all of YOUR hard work.
As we enter into January, we need each unit to ‘Do Their Best’ to continue with your great efforts. Recruiting new members is where we start – keeping our new members engaged, active, and continuing on with the program is just as critical.
Lake Minnetonka has some great resources – make sure to check them out.
- Upcoming Bring-A-Friend Events – A great way to recruit youth into the Pack, Troop, or Crew.
- Roundtable – join us at the newly revamped roundtable — get great ideas and share great ideas for your den, pack, and troop
- Webelos Transition – every pack and troop should be working to keep these youth in Scouting
- Welcoming Girls into Scouts BSA – be sure to check out December’s roundtable livestream for more information
- Wood Badge – for those leaders looking for additional training as a leader in Scouting