What to expect at this month’s Roundtable Meeting
The monthly District Roundtable meeting provides an information and training forum for adults involved as leaders in the Scouting program. Parents and children are welcome to attend. These meetings allow attendees from all parts of the Scouting program to:
◾ Discuss topics of interest, both formally and informally
◾ Learn new skills and program topics for your unit
◾ Learn about upcoming District and Council events
◾ Meet and exchange ideas with other leaders from the District
Roundtable is open to all adults involved with the Scouting program. Registered leaders are especially encouraged to attend.
LOCATION: Ridgedale Public Library 12601 Ridgedale Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55305
Rather than completing the sign-in form when you arrive at roundtable, save the time and instead check-in now online.
Each Scout unit should send at least one representative to each roundtable meeting.
**Kids are always welcome to join their parents at Roundtable**
- Turn in your Unit Recharter Packet – Annual Unit Charter Renewal is that time every year when unit leaders review and renew their youth and adult member registrations for the coming year. Turn in your completed recharter packets to your Unit Commissioner at the December roundtable. Things To Do For Easy Recharter Renewal
- Submit Your Family FOS Dates online or come to roundtable with Your Family FOS Information. The information needed includes the following: the name of the FOS Coordinator for your unit, the email address of the FOS Coordinator, the date and time of your Family FOS presentation, and an alternative date and time for your family FOS presentation. Dates must be scheduled with the district by November 15th to qualify for free pinewood derby cars for packs or rank advancement recognition items for Troops and Crews.
- Pick up your Family Friends of Scouting Packet more
Flags and Announcements
Big Rock Topic – FIRESIDE CHAT – Combined Roundtable
Please join us for December’s “fireside chat” – an opportunity for you as leaders, parents, and volunteers to connect directly with the professional team with Northern Star Council. We’ll discuss the Scouts BSA transition, a general update on the Council and Council programs, as well as have time for a Q&A from the audience and those submitted ahead of time.
Come join us as we welcome Bob Thielen, Assistant Director of Field Service, for this fireside chat. Roundtable will be in the large meeting room at the Ridgedale Library. Come early and join us for free pizza!
Have a burning question? Or simply a topic you’d like to know more about? Please send us your questions by Monday, December 3rd.
By submitting your question early, we can better prepare for the evening’s conversation.
7:00 – 8:30 – OA Chapter Meeting During Roundtable – Ridgedale Meeting Room 174
Meetings of the Lake Minnetonka Chapter of the Totanhan Nakaha Lodge, Order of the Arrow, are held in conjunction with the district roundtables on the first Thursday of each month.
COMMISSIONERS MEETING – Ridgedale Meeting Room 174
Commissioners Meeting is for the Commissioners AND District Members.
The main topics on the agenda for our meeting will include the following.
- 2018 JTE results
- Recharter process – continued
- Monthly training topic – Commissioner Tools and Unit visits
Post expires on Friday December 6th, 2019