At the Spring 2021 University of Scouting our classes are online only. We are offering a great selection of workshops with top notch instructors to help you on your Scouting journey. Many of our classes feature Q&A sessions or panels, allowing you to interact with the experts you want to learn from, as well as your fellow Scouters. Scroll down to see our 15 brand new courses!
Because BSA offers required training online for Adult Leaders, we are not offering Position Specific Training this Spring. See https://www.scouting.org/training/adult/ for required leader training.Register for Univ of Scouting
WHO CAN REGISTER: Adult Leaders for the Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, and Venturing programs, plus Venturing Youth.
WHEN: Saturday, April 17, 8.15 am to 4.15 pm. There are 6 full hour periods with a 15 minute break between each period.
There is a general opening session, featuring our Chief Executive, John Andrews, from 8.15-8.45 am. You do not need to select this session. The link will be sent to you.
Hour 6 – NEW! We are offering a choice of 5 sessions, focusing on different ways our Council, Northern Star Scouting, can serve you in 2021. Register for one of the classes in this hour and meet the experts!
WHERE: Online via Zoom. Zoom links for each class, plus the general opening session will be sent to you by noon on Friday, April 16.
HOW: Review the Course Catalog and decide which classes you want to take from ANY college, regardless of how are you are registered with the BSA. Don’t forget to look for classes in the other colleges! Venturing Youth who are 18 or older may register for classes in other colleges as well.Register for Univ of Scouting
New Classes this Spring Session:
College of Cub Scouting
- Strength Finders for Pack Leadership
- How to Use Cub Connections & Other Council Communications for your Pack/Den
College of Scouts BSA
- Year Round Camping at Northern Star’s Best in Show Camps
- What Were You Thinking?
- Female Troop Recruiting & Retention Q&A
- Surviving to Thriving During a Pandemic: Keeping Your Troop Active and Scouts Engaged
- Stump the Scoutmasters: Q&A
College of General Scouting
- Special Needs/Disabilities Questions – Ask the Panel
- Can Energy Demands Be Met Without Damaging Our Planet?
- Leave No Trace & Outdoor Ethics Orientation
- Order of the Arrow – Program Opportunities, COVID-19 Updates, and Q&A
- Commissioners and You – A New Partnership
- The Training Journey
- Camping and Activities During COVID, What’s Happening this Year!
- Leveraging Council Resources for Your Unit