GET TRAINED TO TRAIN OTHERS
Northern Star Council, through dedicated volunteers, offers multiple supplemental trainings throughout the course of the year. In 2018 the following courses are being offered. Please visit each site for details.
For information about a specific training please click on the specified link for all the details and how to register.
- BB Gun and/or Archery Rangemaster Trainings (Multiple Camp locations) Rangemaster Trainings – April – May 2018
- Chain Saw Safety Training Chainsaw Safety Training – April 21, 2018 or September 22, 2018
- Fall 2018 BB Gun and/or Archery Rangemaster Trainings Register Here For Fall Training
- Leave No Trace Trainer Course LNT Trainer Course Registration – April 27-29, 2018
- Leave No Trace Trainer Course LNT Trainer Course Registration – June 2-3, 2018
MORE INFORMATION ON THE 2018 LEAVE NO TRACE TRAININGS
Is someone in your Troop or Crew really interested in the outdoors and ensuring a great outdoor experience when you camp? If you have someone filling the new leadership role of Outdoor Ethics Guide, do they have the training to be effective in their role? Ensure they do and you have the skills to support them! Attend one of the three Leave No Trace Trainer courses offered this year at our council camps!
- April 27-29th at Phillippo Scout Reservation
- June 2-3rd at Stearns Scout Camp
- October 12-14th at Phillippo Scout Reservation
WHO CAN ATTEND AN LNT TRAINING?
These trainings are for youth age 14 and up and all adult leaders. Packs, Troops, Crews and Ships can all benefit from having a trained LNT guide to help plan outdoor adventures!
If you are looking for a more advanced training, sign up for a Leave No Trace Master Educator course in nearby states: see list of options at http://outdoorethics-bsa.org/
Cub Scout Camping Executive
Kiwanis Scout Camp Manager
Post expires on Saturday October 20th, 2018